Re: [LI] Comdex and what followed

On Sun, 12 Dec 1999, Raj Mathur wrote:

> Since Atul, who promised to let us have the dope about Comdex, hasn't
> yet had the time to put pen to paper (metaphorically speaking), I'll

The aforesaid Atul spent the next day flying 2500 KM back to Bangalore on
the 6:45am flight, fighting irate clients (who did not approve of my
sudden decision to fly all the way to Delhi to play "angry penguin
charging at 100 kmph" rather than attending a cocktail party at the
Windsor Manor on the 9th....), trying to catch *some* sleep (which did not
work out as planned) and then battling with a digital camera that has the
photos on it but refused to let me transfer them (Camera appears bust with
an internal short - the 400+ snap extravaganza at Bangalore IT.COM must
have killed it).

Managed to solve the problem in a rather unique way - popped out the
photocard from the camera, plugged into PCMCIA adapator, plugged into
Linux notebook which mounted it under /dev/hdd as a hard disk - copied
photos off. Now postprocessing and putting on photos on a diet - will be
up by evening. Look for them at http://www.linux-india.org/comdex99
*after* 19:00 GMT+05:30.

Several additional incidents Raj has not yet covered which I will -
including the fact that Kishore's car now has a new scratch.....

Also the answer to Marjorie's (Linux Journal, Linux Gazette) complaint
that no one can ever get a good, interesting snap of Maddog - I have one
that will fix that issue..... ;-)

More this evening....

Atul