Re: [LI] NOVICE TO LINUX

>I faced similar problem once but not with mails (never tried in fact) all
the
>network services was running very slow including telnet and ftp (to my
linux
>box) After updating my hosts file it is running fine. Both the machine
which
>is not in the hosts file are slower to/from access from linux machine even
if
>i use the IP Address directly. Try updating ur host file it may work
>anurag

there was a discussion on this subject with subject as mail server problem
sendmail 8.8.x, posted on dec 5 by me and we have the solutions as the
client or mail sending machines not included in the DNS, well if u dont have
DNS, hosts would serve the purpose, but you see DNS seems to be more
professional like, when providing this as a service to outside clients.