Re: [LI] Paritioning the HDD

>Hi,
>I am facing a problem, with partitioning the HDD (size = 2GB).
>
>The whole HDD space is allocated to Win 95. But I want to install Linux
>on my system, and that would require some 600 MB. Th total free space on
>my system is 750 MB. I have defragment my hard disk.
>
>The utility i am using to re-partition my HDD, is Fips. But the maximum
>size of the partition it is allowing me, is 280 MB. Is it possible to
>allocate more space than 280 MB. Is there any other utility that will do
>the job.

ur stuck, i shoud say, try uninstalling all apps from windows that you can
put back, try winzipping all documents and files, find all tmp files and
remove them, go to both cache (netscape and ie) and history and remove all,
empty the recycle bin, reduce the size reserved for recycle bin, then do
defrag and scandisk, then try fips, hope u get thru.

If you are not thru, find a friend who would spare a hdd for some time such
that u may copy all data to his hdd, then do partitioning and installations.
This would be the safest way.

ok?