Re: [LI] What is ??....

Hi Shanu,

> Hello Cyrus/Khader/Debianers,
>
> 	Just wondering, wouldnt both the methods require the actual .deb
> archive to be present in the path/previosuly installed ???

Yes, that's correct. I did the dpkg --info on the package cached in my
/var/cache/apt/archives directory.

> 	If u want to get info about an un installed package (or non-existant),
> u would either have to go thru dselect or do a manual grep on
> /var/lib/dpkg/available database right? Or is there still another way ?

Check out console-apt or gnome-apt. They're set to replace dselect.

> BTW: All debianers seem to be sporting a similar signature like yours
> truly - small, cute and NO WINDOWS ;-)))

Very nice sig ;-)

--
Cyrus Patel - cyrus@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Dept. of Computer Engineering                           Debian GNU/Linux