Re: [LI] HELP... Kernel Panic !!!

Hi there,
I hope you have a dos partition or a dos bootable floppy which can load
cd-rom drivers. Then you could use the vmlinuz image from the RH6.1 CD
( or any other distros vmlinuz ) and use loadlin to load into your
linux by issuing the command loadlin vmlinuz root=<your root partition
device>
and I sure hope that you might be dropped into a shell.
Or the last effort might be use a rescue floppy of a different distro
like Debian and slackware and boot and the fsck your root
partition using that boot( rescuse floppy ). I have done that b4 using
the Debian Rescue floppy on a RH6.1 machine.
You can get the Rescue floppy image from
http://www.debian.org/debian/dists/slink/
disks-i386/current/resc1440.bin

and then use rawrite to write that file onto a floppy. Even rawrite is
available from
the same site.

HTH

Regards
               Khader

Syed Khader Vali                                Debian 2.2 ( potato )
skhader@xxxxxxxxxx                           Kernel 2.3.31

Ghins Mathai <ghins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on 12/10/99 10:33:37 AM

to run fsck I need a shell. The panic occurs much before that and I have
real
important data there