Re: [LI] Intel 810 - Motherboard + X woes...

Hello Ashwin,
	I just posted a *HOWTO* sometime back, perhaps u missed it! Here is
re-run of my original post.

	*	*	*	*	*	*	*	*
Hello All,

        I have just finished setting up Slink on a an HP Brio series PC
with
the intel 810 chipset with on board sound (Crystal sound fusion) and
video. This might serve as a pointer to anybody else who has a similar
configuration and is having a little trouble setting it up!

* The X Server - The Xserver for the i810 chipset will be included only
in the next X11 release - 3.3.6, till then, a binary only server is
available from ftp.precisioninsight.com/pub/precisio/XFCom/

Note: U will also have to grab the xf86config and agpgart modules source
from the same site. Refer to the README file.

* UDMA - The generic kernel (2.0.36) reported a lot of timeout errors
esp. when reading from the 48x Mitsumi CD-ROM drive and does not support
UDMA access. Replacing it with 2.2.13 with hedrick's ide drivers solved
the problem.

* Sound - Currently, only commercial sound drivers are available from 4
Front Technologies, they time out after 20 minutes. They got installed
without a hitch.

Regards,
-- Shanu