[LI] Re:[li] Installing linux on network

> Subject: Re: [LI] Installing linux on network
HI whoever posted this message
Yes it is definitly possible to install linux over the network .. I
installed Suse 6.2 the same way .. Infact u can install ur linux either
via NFS or FTP .. Choose which ever is convinient for u .. I chose to go
via the NFS way for i had a unix server waiting to be used ..But that is
not essential .. U can install a ftp server on ur Win 95 machine and do a
FTP install .I am sure Red Hat will offer u the same functionalities . I
will detail the SuSE process , map it to Red Hat linux

1.	Make the boot and root floppies using the provided tools and readme
files
2.	Copy a file called modules on to a floppy using rawrite utility (
this is needed to load modules for ur network card and make it functional)
3.	Put the linux cd on to a server and decide whether u want to do a
NFS install or a FTP one..
4.	Start the installation by booting from the boot floppy .. After some
time it will prompt u for a the installation medium .. Select the
installation method u chose (NFS or FTP) .. On the basis of ur choice u will
be required to give some more details such as ur server , login , passwd etc
.. Its also useful to have ur server ip address and ur IP address handy when
starting such a installation
REally installing thru a network is really cool (if not for anything else u
learn how to do a NFS mount or setup FTP as in my case)
Wish u all the best of luck
Bye
Anand