Re: [LI] Instaaling programs and its libs

On Thu, Dec 09, 1999 at 07:13:29AM +0530, lvgandhi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Arun Sharma wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, Dec 08, 1999 at 06:16:25AM +0530, lvgandhi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > > I tried to install a few rpms. It has said missing lib list as given
> > > below. how to get them. How to know whether are old or new. I am having
> > > RH6.0
> > > for gnucash   missing lib is libXm.so.1
> >
> > For Motif you have to pay up or install lesstif - http://www.lesstif.org/
>
> I will be thankful if you can indiacte files to be d/l and used for the
> above lib.

look in rpmfind.net for lesstif-* - Redhat powertools 6.1 might be a
good place to look.

> > > for kapm      missing lib is libstd++-libc6.1-2.so.3
> > > for kclock    missing libs are libmediatool.so.0
> > >                                libkdeui.so.0
> > >                                libkdecore.so.0
> >
> > Do you have KDE installed ?
>
> Yes. I am having kde1.1.1pre that came with CHIP special. I saw kdelibs
> and kde-support in systemenviranment/lib by gnorpm.
> Any suggestions welcome.

$ locate libmediatool
/usr/lib/libmediatool.la
/usr/lib/libmediatool.so
/usr/lib/libmediatool.so.2
/usr/lib/libmediatool.so.2.0.0

In general, either compile from source or just stick to the RPMs for
your specific distribution and your exact version.

	-Arun