Re: [LI] to all those linux buffs!!

Sandeep Singh Cheema wrote:

> hey guys, cmon, man- we r supposed to help each other out of the ditches,
> and make linux a feel good os, rnt we?? please help me with this samba
> connectivity, i m able to connect to the windows m/c, but the otherway
> round, my m/c IS visible on the n/w neighborhood BUT as soon as i click on
> the share, pop comes the window asking for pwd- i give the valid pwd (even
> root) but it fails-
> i HAVE done the necessary change in the registery
> (EnablePlainTextPassword) but nothing seems to work! i use rhl6.0, anmd
> there are 6 win95 and one winnt m/c on my n/w.

> Sandeep Singh Cheema
> ACT-PSO
> HCL Infosystems
> 3rd Floor Subharam Complex
> 144 MG Road Bangalore- 560001

sorry sir u r probably already connected to another server now, accordinbg to
my experience is ur password in the two servers r different then u r not
allowed to connect to the samba.
U try this stun, first ofall edit the /etc/smb.conf file, in that the
workgroup is mygroup, u can give it to any thing .
Secondly go to the win m/c, configure the network to that workgroup , given
in the smb.conf, logon to NT domain giving that domain name as in the
/etc/smb.conf and put the win m/c on the sanme n/w as of the Linux dabba.
Try to logon by giving the usernanme and passwd of any user in the linux
machine.
if that works then there is no error in the samba config.