Re: [LI] ZGV and List Rock

On Tue, 07 Dec 1999, you wrote:
> Hi people,
>     zgv and links rock
>     In case you people didn't already know links is a lynx like browser only
> it supports tables etc.
> so it shows the web page in the actual formatting. So it was a pleasure
> browsing sites which did
> not contain frames. went to Atul Chitnis's Page at
> http://www.exocore.com/linux
> Links has an option of doing save as has a menu and supports combo boxes as
> a drop down box
> as in TC etc.
>
>     Since I am not to fond of the graphical Interface, i.e. Xserver, yet I
> like to see images I
> downloaded zgv and guys is does show images right from the console. has even
> mouse
> support.
>
>     I got Postgres up and running and am looking into integrating it with
> web pages so that
> e-commerce through postgres becomes possible. Or has somebody already
> implemented
> it. Any pointers.

We use Zope with MySQL it rocks and is by far the easiest way to build
web applications on Linux. Zope is an opensource application server built using
python downloadable at www.zope.org. It supports both SOAP and WEBDav with
a central repository such that anybody on the net can work with versions of a site
MySql comes with the distribution CDS you
can see the results at www.intellinux.com. Matter of fact Zope has a discussion
groups plugin that lets you create discussion groups with a browser interface
and puts majordomo to shame :-)

Thanks
sathya