Re: [LI] Video on Linux >> Check the Modelines <<

Hi

On Thu, 02 Dec 1999, LVGandhi wrote:
> "A. Abdul Hazeeb" wrote:
> >
> > for some reason -df does not work on the system I tried it on. I got a
> > blank screen with the movie playing in a standard window in the middle of
> > the screen.
> >
> My system is PII266 with 64 MB ram and cirrus logic video card with 1 MB
> ram. I also got the same screen as you said.

If you check out the FullScreen readme, you will notice that it says, mtvp takes
the Mode >= MPEG SIZE. So as Normal MPEG 1 streams have a size of 320x258 or so
(Don't remember exactly). It checks for modelines greater than or equal to
this.

Most probably you have only 640x480 and above ACTIVATED. Check out to see that
one of the 320x240, 320x400 or so are enabled and accepted by ur server. Then
when you do a mtvp -df  it will occupy most of the screen rather than occupying
just the center of the screen.

---------
Keep :-)
HanishKVC