[LI] Configuring sound card (Yamaha OPL3 SAX)

Hi,

I have a Yamaha OPL3 SAx ISA sound card. When using sndconfig to configure
the card, the card is detected and sample sounds are played correctly, but
the following message is returned
  " 0x388 is already in use".
XMMS etc. do not work reporting card configuration problems.

As I am quite new to Linux I have no idea of what is going wrong. Please
help me with the details  of how to configure it by hand instead of using
sndconfig etc. Pointers to the relevant programs,
conf-scripts and docs would be OK.

Thanks in advance,

shib.

(shibajyoti@xxxxxxxxx)