Re: [LI] Problem with installation :-(

On Wed, 1 Dec 1999 vnair@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> While installing RedHat 6.1 from pcq CD. The installation does not
> succed. While the setup program continues with installing packages...
> suddenly some stack dump is printed on screen and a TERM signal is
> sent to the all processes and then the setup program prompts "You can
> safel reboot you computer..."

As has been replied to by a number of people - this is almost certainly
caused by bad RAM or a flakey CD-ROM drive. Have you been able to install
RHL 5.2 on this machine (and I mean install now - no point saying "I
installed 5.2 when it came out" since the machine may have been OK then).

> While doing the installation id pressed Alt+F2. On that screen there
> is a message dumped saying "AutoPartitioning Failed".

This has nothing to do with the failure to install - the message comes
when you do not allow Disk Druid to do the autopartitioning (which it does
*only* when you select a server install).

But if you want to go to JDK 1.2 under RHL 5.2 - just install the bzip2
utility from the RHL 6.1 CD under 5.2, and use that to bunzip the jdk.

Atul