Re: [LI] Samba SOS

> Date: Sat, 4 Dec 1999 18:39:35 +0530 (IST)
> From: Sandeep Singh Cheema <cheemas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [LI] samba sos

> i have 6 win 95 m/c's, one win NT server, and one RHL6.0 m/c in my n/w. i
>configured samba on my linux m/c. the m/c name (alpha) DOES show up in the
> n/w neighborhood of the win m/c's BUT when i try to access the m/c, a pop
> up window comes- saying "wrong user name /pwd, give valid user name /pwd"
> i try to give the same but it does not work (wrong pwd/username) even root
> pwd does not work. i have made [homes] share also, but nothing seems to
> work

Hi! even I am battling it out with Samba!! ;-)

I have been building the following checklist for troubleshooting Samba:
1. write the smb.conf file ...al the shares..[homes] ...using joe( ;-) not
part of the specs, but my recco) or using swat(swat       rocks too!)
2. write the user map file for mapping NETBIOS names to the linux accounts
3. log in in >>>>windows<<<<  using your username and password, and then try
accesing the shares...
4. ..........i am still writing it...!!

please correct or contribute to this checklist. BTW Sandeep, my SAMBA isn't
working the way i want it either ... ;-) but maybe this can help ...(I am
still keeping up the fight here ...)

Sandip