Re: [LI] Home pages for regular users

>I have the Apache web server running on my system. Right now, I have
>only global CGI and HTML files. They are in /var/lib/apache/
>
>How can my other users on this system, have their own web pages?
>I want them to have their own directories and HTML documents (in their
>$HOME directories). I may allow simple CGI programs.
>
>How can this be achieved? Any pointers appreciated.

I have done something like this

in [html docs location] a symlink is made with ~username to
/home/user/htdocs

these users index file or startup file will be shown in the browers as
http://yourserver/~user/

but for this kinda setup i have achieved only limited facilities and the
users cannot update
or make their own CGI scripts etc.  also they have to use the common
scripts.

but you can go on with virtual server, if you cannot find the way in the
HOWTO documentation,
pls email me since I and my colleague is on the work for doccumenting remote
logins and web servers
for our own institutional purpose and expect it to be complete in a week.