Re: Subject: [LI] Boy have we come a long way!

On Fri, 03 Dec 1999, K K Pareek wrote:
> >Pretty impressive, isn't it?  Considering the fact that Arun and KD got the
> >ball rolling a couple of years ago because they thought that it was a shame
> >that India did not have a single LUG.

Hmm.. Good old days. Let us not forget grandteton server and tripod which
really helps us to get us off the ground.
> We are interested to start a LUG in Rajasthan. Should we? and How do we go
> about it?

There is no formal way to start a LUG. The following actions should be enough...
1. Start it ;-) use a name like ilug-<yourcity>. Avoid using state names.
Before you start though, check whether a LUG already exists in your city.
2. Setup a website where you can post details of meeting schedules and other
relevant information. You can use a service like tripod for this.
3. Post a message to the list that you started a LUG in your area.
4. Send a message to webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx giving out the details. When he
gets some time off from his beloved never crashing NT machine, he will add it
to the list of ILUGs on the linux-india website.
 5. It is nice to have a announcement only mailing list for meeting details or
for messages specific to your region. You can use egroups like service for this.

HTH

-- KD