Re: [linux-india-programmers] Re: [LI] struct task

Hello there,
Well, if you are talking about lkml, then you might also be on the lkml.
And in lkml almost everyone talks mostly about the odd versions most
of the time. And they did not just put that line in the kernel
configuration.
It is because it is not for weak-hearts ( unstable ), but people who want
it.
And most of the people on the lkml use only the odd version cause
they like to be on the bleeding edge of technology. They do not
specifically
tell you not to rely, but warn you that they are unstable versions and
it is risky to play with development kernels ( like I came to know when I
compiled kernel 2.3.22 just to find that it had corrupted my / filesystem
).
So now I first check out the lkml about the bugs that are cropping in
the latest devel releases and then patch them up and have fun.
Cause I get what i want  ( bleeding edge ).

Regards
               Khader

Syed Khader Vali                                  skhader@xxxxxxxxxx
Linuxer First,      Debianer Second,            Anything else Next.

"Prashant TR" <prashant_news@xxxxxxxxx> on 12/03/99 07:24:28 AM

Then it needs changes. And btw, if you got this odd version of
the kernel, I guess you're in the lk mailing list, right? And lkml
specifically tells you not to rely on odd version releases of
the kernel (I mean the 2.1.x, 2.3.x, etc)..