Re: [linux-india-programmers] Re: [LI] struct task

On Thu, Dec 02, 1999 at 11:44:16AM +0530, sudheer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Would you suggest me a suitable link to that.

I'm not aware of an online link. The best sources I've found:

1. Design and Implementation of the 4.4 BSD operating system
   Kirk McKusick et al

	- A great book, clear indepth explanation of kernel concepts

2. UNIX internals - the new frontiers by Uresh Vahalia

However, neither of these are going to explain Linux kernel internals.
But once you have some basic understanding of the concepts, you can
possibly understand the traffic on linux-kernel (most of which is
not high quality technical discussion, IMO), some of which talks
about design rationale.

Of course, then there is RTSL (read the source luke!)

	-Arun