Re: [LI] query

Arun Sharma <adsharma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>While these are fine tools, I think they're way too complex for what they
do.
>They also make debugging very hard. If you run ./configure and something
>goes wrong, tracking it down is a nightmare - because of the loads of crap
>they introduce into makefiles.

Yeah. This is definitely unsuitable for compiling simple programs.
So, Chetan, you'll need to look into what exactly you want and
decide whether you need to use automake or not.

>I think he was talking about xmkmf and imake, which are the X project's
>way of automating make files. AFAIK, they're not in use outside X
>applications.

Possible. Like I said in the previous mail, the package which he
is using needs to be quoted.

Prashant

One pound of knowledge requires ten pounds of
common sense to apply it.