Re: [LI] how to configure RedHat linux for network

--S.K. Singh--

On Wed, 1 Dec 1999, anjana sharma wrote:

> hi!
> i want to put my machine on net
> we have Linux server but my machine is standalone
> i'm connected to internet thru NT .
> can i use the same networkcard i.e. the card working
> fine with NT to access net thru Linux??????

Put an ethernet card in all boxes which you want to visiblke on your lan.
Use a private IP i.e. 192.168.X.X with netamsk 255.255.255.0 and allot all
ethernet cards an IP from this segment. You have to use IPchains(for 2.2.X
kernels) /IPFWADM (2.0.X kernels)  to masqurade your local Ip with your
gateway i.e. PPP/ or an IP
and go it wold take you to internet notonly NTbut all boxes on LaN.
Good luck.