From: "Umesh Chavan" <umesh@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <linux-india@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [LI] Bandwith Allocation for protocols
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 09:02:29 +0530

Hi everybody,

My company has 2 development centres connected by a microwave link
i use hardware routers at the end of the microwave modems.

i want to allocate specific amount of bandwidth to the different protocols
for e.g. 64 kbps for HTTP
32 kbps for TN3270 etc. etc.

it is possible to put a linux box before the router; and do some bandwidth
allocation in the linux box .

P.S. i have used IPCHAINS for firewalling. not done any queuing etc on linux
routers. any pointers or step-by-step guides would be a real lot useful.

Thanks a lot for your time