Re: [LI] STARTX

Hello All

 I have not tried solution suggested by Atul since I have Linux on my home PC.
But I worked it around by following method.

I am using RH6.1 PCQ Nov.99 CD.

1)Enter into interactive setup by pressing 'i' during boot.
2)Enable all services other than the service local.
3)Proceed thr. the boot normally.

And everything works. No problem with X-Windows. Actually I messed the things
when I was trying to install ttf font according to a Linuxtoday article. I
think I have tried too many options.

Now I have two doubts.
1)What is this service 'local'? I did not find it in Linuxconf neither in
/etc/rc.d/init.d
2)Since this error about font occurring at boot time, I am not able to boot if
I don't enter into interactive setup. After error message it just hangs.
Nothing (^c and ^d etc.) works. Strangely I can start 'xfs' at boot time
without any error. 'xfs' is prompted just before the service 'local'. To my
knowledge, xfs takes care of fonts. Correct?

Can anybody give some further information on this?

Thanks
  Shridhar