Re: [LI] Linux Single

vineet forced the electrons to say:

> help me. Could you tell me some way of restricting a user from getting
> into a particular runlevel(not necessarily single).

An excerpt from my /etc/lilo.conf:

image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.2.13
	label=linux
	root=/dev/hda2
	password=xxxxxxxx
	restricted
	readonly

This allows no-password access to the default runlevel, but the password is
needed for any option given at the LILO: prompt (not necessarily a runlevel).

For more details, refer to the lilo.conf(5) man page.

Keep the permissions of lilo.conf as 600, if you are using passwords.

Binand

--
#include <stdio.h>                                   | Binand Raj S.
char *p = "#include <stdio.h>%cchar *p = %c%s%c;     | This is a self-