Re: [LI] startx not starting _ Atul

Atul,

This means that xfs died. For some strange reason, it does this
occasionally.

To fix this, do the following:

rm -rf /tmp/.font-unix/
killall -9 xfs
/etc/rc.d/init.d/xfs start

Now run startx and check if things work.

The same problem happened here too. Without knowledge I accidently removed it from SYSV Runlevel Manager, V0.92 (cround, pcmcia etc.) from control-panel(gnome). The /etc/rc.d/init.d/xfs start command is working and starting xwindows, but I have to type these commands after rebooting everytime. I want to setup it as earlier settings. How do I do this? There is an option "Add" is available but it is not accepting certain things like xfs, lpd, keytable etc. Please help me.

Anil.

Atul

paradigm TECHNOLOGIES Pvt. Ltd.
No. 28, McNichol's Road,
Chetpet, Chennai-600 031,
INDIA.
Tel: ++ 91 44   8257907 , ++ 91 44  8212763, ++ 91 44 8213654
Fax: ++ 91 44  821 0418
Email:  paradigm@xxxxxxxx
Visit us: http://business.vsnl.com/paradigm