Re: [LI] help: can't start x [execvc failed, errno 2]

Thanx buddy

> I had the same problem. I think it was traced down to 'there was a
> problem detecting your video card' after running setup after

As the card is SiS6215c, that does not surprise me at all.  I
repeated the install, this time paying attention to the messages
before the graphical screen popped up.

It tried to autoprobe and said "unknown card, falling back on
default".  Hassle - it is a perfectly good sis6215c (the sort which
PCQ 6.1 is supposed to support <g>), and windoze gives a crystal
clear 800*600 16 bit display.

> DOS/win partition... at least hardware problems could be detected. -

If it was a ~hardware~ hassle - windoze would not be showing up at
all, so that's ruled out.  Suppose I manually install the required
rpms from the cd and try manually setting XF86config, does it help?

I think I'll do that when I have the time and energy (currently, am
running my ass off trying to get a HR summer (!) proj for my MBA
course requirements)

(!) Summer???? Yeah I know this is not summer, but our MBA
course is 6 months behind schedule, so Osmania U, in its infinite
wisdom, has declared that we do ours NOW.

[sorry for the off topic rant - but I ~had~ to let off steam, mktg and
finance projs are dime a dozen, but HR is rather a rare beast]

--s

Suresh Ramasubramanian
106D, Aditya Enclave, Ameerpet, Hyderabad 500038, India.
Phone: +(91-40)3736553/3745398 | eFax: +(1-603)590-5437
Suresh@xxxxxxxxxxx | Suresh@xxxxxxxx
http://www.kcircle.com | http://www.angen.net/~pegasus/
    The instructions said Upgrade to Windows 95
    or better.  So I upgraded to Linux.