Re: [LI] help: can't start x [execvc failed, errno 2]

> execvc failed for /etc/X11/X (errno 2)
> xinit: unexpected signal 2
> Xconfigurator says it can't find the X server (though I did not
> uncheck that during install).

I had the same problem. I think it was traced down to 'there was a
problem detecting your video card' after running setup after completing
the installation [successfully] using the GUI based install. May be it
installed everything and skipped the Xserver without a warning. I am
getting a new card anyways, so i did not bother about it. I will request
you to try ndiags, a norton's utility run in DOS which detects most of
the hardware faults. Do you have a DOS/win partition... at least
hardware problems could be detected.