Re: [LI] Bare Bones Linux

Hello there,
I guess we are back to square one, but Rock Linux is again an another
distro and I don't want another one. It has it's own install scripts which
obviously automate the things. But, I don't want to automate. I want
to do everything manually and is there any one who can point me to
such a link where in I can manually setup everything starting from a
creating the filesystem to a minimal Linux System.

The point of this whole exercise is to learn the way of how a
Linux System is built from groundup. And If someone asks me
what Linux are you using, I need to say ' It is Linux '.
Not 'SuSE' or 'Debian' or 'RedHat' or 'Slackware' or 'Caldera' ( well,
gotta account for some major distros otherwise I might get burnt
by a curse ;-)

Now, what I want is something similar to what FreeBSD does, but
again it automates the thing for me. No, I don't want to automate.
I want to do it alllllllllllllll by myself by hand ( manually ). So I guess
I make myself clear. The reason is I want to know exactly what
happens behind the scenes of an install. Every single command that is
executed and all that and in the process learn and learn and...

And thanks for the various names that poured in....
Nuthin seems to come to my expectation. ;-)
Except Sidux !! ;-)
Regards
               Khader

Syed Khader Vali                                  skhader@xxxxxxxxxx
Associate Technical Executive           # 91-80-5262355      Extn:2527
IBM Global Services India (P) Ltd.

Swapan Sarkar <swapan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> on 11/30/99 09:16:31 AM

      ROCK Linux is a Linux distribution compiled by Clifford Wolf.