Re: two paralell ports [was] Re: [[LI] Scanners & Linux]

>   I know this is off-topic/linux, but how does one rig up two lpt ports
>in a single PC.

accuire a multi io (IDE) card from the scrap shop or a friendly neighbour
hood
hardware vendor, enable the parallel port only, the jumpers are used for
this, u
require a ISA slot for this junk.  then all will be the same, try to use
this for printer
as this is considered to be a bit slower than the one that is integrated to
the MB.
so if you plan to use a parport, scanner that may be connected to lp0.

I don't think u need an additonal parport for interfacing a scanner, unless
you have
two printers on the same machine.  I have been using LG Scanworks and HP 4L
cascaded for more than an year and linux, win 95/98/NT does not complain.