Re: [LI] Reiser is in Action; help me to do something with this...

On Mon, Nov 29, 1999 at 10:39:22AM +0530, Saugata Chakrabarti wrote:
> Respected Linuxer(s)
>
>     I have downloaded two files
> "linux-2.2.13-reiserfs-3.5.9-journaling.gz-patch.gz" and "reiserfs.tgz" from
> Reiser's Home Page. This is my great experience to see a new file system
> like reiserFS running in my m/c. I have compiled them according to the
> instruction and finally "mkreiserfs -f /dev/hda6" and "mount" that, yet I
> have not experienced it's dramatic performance in speed and/or space but
> learning its "namesys". This new system is so well documented that user will
> not face any difficulties in installation.

You seem to have high expectations from the average Linux user :)

>     I want to make the ReiserFS a main FS in system where my system will
> boot first. Tell me how to replace EXT2FS with ReiserFS??

First of all, I don't know what has gotten you all excited about
reiserfs. Was it this press release ?

http://linuxpr.com/releases/627.html

Traffic on linux-kernel indicates that Linus and gang are betting
on ext3 to be the future "native" filesystem. SuSE is going to make
things a little interesting.

Now coming back to your question, if you want to use reiserfs for your
/, change /etc/fstab entry for '/'. Also make sure that reiserfs is
not a module and is compiled into the kernel.

	-Arun