Re: [LI] XWindows Crashes when running JDK for 2-3 times ?

On Mon, 29 Nov 1999 vnair@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I have P100 with 32 MB RAM running Redhat 6.1 from PCQ. The X Server crashes
>       when i try to run / compile java program for more than 2-3 time. (using
>       jdk 1.2 pre release from pcq).
>
> what can  i do.... Do i have sufficient RAM ?

Unfortunately Java *is* a bit memory hungry. More RAM or at least more
swap space could be the answer.

Try this:

Start your machine afresh, and run "free > status.1"

Then do your java work, and after each time, run the command, incrementing
the counter (status.2, status3, etc.).

Compare the results. What do you see?

Also note that the JDK uses 16 MB of stack space by default - some largish
apps may need more stack space than that.

Atul