Re: [LI] Laptop Woes

On Sat, Nov 27, 1999 at 12:31:39PM +0530, Binand Raj S. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My ACI Laptop had gone to undergo repairs, which made the service guy to
> reformat the disk. He installed Win 98 and sent it back to me. Now I am having
> problems while installing linux:
>
> I split the disk into 2 using FIPS, 1.1 GB for Windows and 2 GB for Linux.
> Windows fdisk shows two partitions. But RHL 6.0 installer shows me one large
> 3.1 GB Win95 partition. I am afraid to go ahead - what did I do wrong?

I've seen such inconsistencies before, but not between win and linux.
The ultimate test about who's right and who's wrong is examining the
partition table yourself.

Could you post the hex dump of the first 512 bytes of your disk ?
You can boot Linux using floppies or the Redhat CD, drop to a
command prompt and do od -x on /dev/hda.

	-Arun