Re: [LI] compiled a kernel but ... --> Yamaha Problem?

On Mon, Thu, 25 Nov 1999, Jiju Thomas Mathew wrote:

>but i want this with >loadlin such that i can use setupsa.exe to
>initialize opl3-SAX >sound card before
>booting and make linux believe that this is SB/compatiable.

Well I dont know about the "loadlin" since the last time I tried
recompiling was a year back when I couldnt get the kernel 2.0 to
work with my Yamaha OPL3-SA3. And even that whe I was only a
month old into the linux way of doing things ....

But if this is a Yamaha problem, then arent you using kernel 2.2
form RHL 6.1? That thing detected my sound card properly and its
been working great ever since.

Sameer.