Re: [LI] Help for Linux Inst.

question regarding Linux  Installation. I want to make Dual Boot in
Linux system with windows 95 and windows NT. Please suggest me How I
install Linux. I have 8.3 GB Harddisk. Please tell me how many partition
I make for this process.
it is simple.
First you take an NT bootable diskette with DOS Fdisk on this.
Take your raw HDD. Boot the machine uisng the floppy which should
have the following programs on it, in addition to being bootable.
1. format.com
2. fdisk.exe, naturally.
Boot your machine from floppy.
fire up fdisk.
Choose that you want to set the active partition.
It will ask for how much space, give it something like 2 GB, or whatever
you feel like.

NOTE :- People say that they have been using Linux to read/write into
NTFS. But I am skeptical about it. If you want to be able to read/write
to win from linux, do use a DOS fdisk [which will create and msdos
filesystem and will use a 16 bit address spece, allowing you no more
than 2 GB on one logical partition]
What do you wish to use NT for? If not for a mailserver for 50 people, I
think in most cases 2 GB will suffice. Of course you can make two 2GB
partitions in msdos Filesystem. Or three, or all four :-)

After you have partitioned the HDD, you can comfortably format your C:\
[first partition] and proceed with installing NT on it.

Then you come to installing Linux from RH bootable CD. Take up GUI
installation. Do partitioning manually. Do read the /docs/rhinst on the
CD first. It helps. Like me, do a GUI install first. Install
'everything' then come down to text based install to realise that it is
faster. And slightly more flexible. Take care to install LILO [linux
loader] in the MBR.

You will have your dual booting system ready. What else?