Re: [LI] Help for Linux Inst.

>Sir,
>
>      I got your email address from Linux website. I want to ask one
question regarding Linux  Installation. I want to make Dual Boot in Linux
system with windows 95 and windows NT. Please suggest me How I install
Linux. I have 8.3 GB Harddisk. Please tell me how many partition I make for
this process.

>Thanks
>

>RAJAN VASAV

this has been discussed a lot in the list in the past one week, search the
archives and you will find
the answer at http://www.linux-india.org
create dos partition
    install windows 95;
start linux installation
    create linux swap
    create linux partition
    install linux
    install lilo to linux partition
    choose to create startup disk
make NT partition;
    if short on space
        share this with windows 95;    #   make extended dos and logical
drive
    else
        make ntfs extended
    fi
  install NT
restart
test
    boot to
            Win 95
            Win NT
    if okay
        use boot disk to boot to linux
        <chek the archive to find the message Windows NT-linux Howto or
something like that>
        <or use man dd>
        u have to get the boot sector and add it to NT loader
Done!