Re: [LI] Video on Linux >> try COMMAND LINE ARGUMENTS <<

Hi

> With both versions I couldn't play vcds with .dat files. With mtvp, i
> got a small screen showing something like fireballs going up a nd down.
> With mtv, I got play indication without actually any play. Are you able
> to play, vcds with .dat files, with mtvp? If so what should be done. I
> have installed all the three rpms i.e. sdl, xforms and mtv.
> --

mtvp is the  commandline version, It doesn't show you any menu you have to pass
COMMANDLINE ARGUMENTS to it so that it can start playing.
  Its most probably something  like
	mtvp vcd:0 /* track 0 */
	mtvp file:/mnt/cdrom/xyz /* a file */

You got those balls going up and down because YOU DIDN"T specify ANY Arguments
to it.

It can play .dat files. For that matter it can work on raw mpeg streams with
out any file header attached to them, which I found the Windows MediaPlayer
COULDNOT do.

---------
Keep :-)
HanishKVC