Re: [LI] mp3 server ?

>hi
>any body knows how to set up a mp3 server on linux.
>my situation is this :
>I have some mp3s on a computer ( win nt ) on the lan. to listen I use
>winamp , and put the directory in the file lists. and then the songs
>keep playing one after the other. the directory is shareable so anybody
>in the LAN can connect to it.
>now I want to put this functionality on the Linux machine ( Red Hat 6.1
>).
>how do I do it ?

vibhu
There is a pluggin for x11amp that will start an intranet based mp3 station

or u just want to share the files, then move all to the linux box, some
where
like /home/allusers/mp3, give read permissions for all (chmod a+r
/home/allusers/mp3)
configure samba, (/etc/smb.conf, man smb.conf), this will make the directory
accessible by any windows machine as well as this linux machine, but for
other
linux machines, you have to enable NFS, export the /home/allusers/mp3 as a
exported NFS file system, and configure linux machines to mount NFS.
check man mount. linuxconf etc.