Re: [LI] compiled a kernel but loadlin does not accept it

On Mon, 22 Nov 1999, Jiju Thomas Mathew wrote:

> I checked for zImage, found  one at arch/i386/boot, used mcopy
>to copy it to a floppy and tried the lilo to work on that and lilo says
>it is not a kernel image.
>any idea ?

Simply copy the kernel to the /boot directory.
Now add an entry to /etc/lilo.conf file, similar to the others, but with a
unique label.
Now run "lilo" at the prompt so that the boot loader is updated.

Also in the message, you mentioned "loadlin" . For that you will
have to copy the kernel to the DOS folder where loadlin resides.
Then try "loadlin <kernel>" with whatever other arguments are
required.

Sameer.

Sameer.
Registered Linux User #148874