Re: [LI] compiled a kernel but loadlin does not accept it

Yes its your fault. Please set the name of file and place it in accordance
to /etc/lilo.conf file. My lilo.conf looks like

boot=/dev/hda
map=/boot/map
install=/boot/boot.b
prompt
timeout=5000
default=linux

image=/boot/bzImage  <-- See place file accordance to this and the lilo.
label=linux          --- if you have redhat then also place System.map in
read-only	     --- /boot/   also. and you are done.
root=/dev/hda5

other=/dev/hda1
label=dos

On Mon, 22 Nov 1999, Jiju Thomas Mathew wrote:

> I did
> ~ make dep ; make clean ; make zImage
>
> a hell lot of messages scrolled over the screen and about 4 minutes later, I
> was back at
> ~
>
> I checked for zImage, found  one at arch/i386/boot, used mcopy to copy it to
> a floppy
> and tried the lilo to work on that and lilo says it is not a kernel image.
>
> any idea ?

Vishweshwar Saran Singh Deo "Surguja"
Email: vssinghdeo-surguja@xxxxxxxxxxxxx