[LI] fed up of SO

> > IMHO SO5.0 is a buggy release - it will corrupt your RH6.x distro.
>
> Soumyanath, you will please support your declaration with some evidence
> or narrate your experience?

Nothing wrong with SO itself actually; its got to do with the glibc
incompatibility and SO having used some undocumented calls in SO 5.0. Though
someone claims to be using SO 5.0 on R 6.1.

you know, I've really had it up to here with SO and this thread. :-)

why don't you guys try out abiword ? Agreed it's not as high funda as SO but
it suits my purposes.

1. it opens word 97 files.
2. it's available for both linux & windoze (free)
3. the linux file is just 2.6 mb, the windoze file is a mere 700+ kb.
4. it is open source, freely distrubutable (in fact it's on pcq Nov CD but I
couldn't load it from there something to do with problems while unpacking
the archive: Bad magic is what the message said; anyway I downloaded it and
it's working just fine.)

so do yourselves a favor try it out.

Sharukh.

Dr. Sharukh K. R. Pavri.