[LI] Wine update

After my Star Office fiasco I have been looking at Wine, for the heck of it
- and here's an update

MSWord and Excel load and run stably under wine and you can open and save
and close documents. Don't ask me about Macros, I don't know what they are.

Other little Window$ games run stably - Solitaire, Freecell. Graphics
programs like PSP and Lviewpro tend to hang after a while and need to be
killed. But media player takes the cake

Window$ Media Player is Bill Gate$ revenge on Linux. It loads, but if I try
to open a file, the program crashes Linux so badly that nothing short of a
power off and cold reboot is needed, followed by a long process of
("filesystems not cleanly unmounted .. check forced") getting back into Linux.

Wine is good for a laugh, but tends to leave a hangover. Just my thoughts.

        Shivshankar Sastry
      cybersurg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/2839