[LI] Linux Single

Hi,

It is possible, that by writing 'linux single' or 'linux 1' at the LILO
prompt, one can get into the system.  Then by 'passwd', it is even
possible to change the password for the 'root'.

Can someone explain why this 'linux single' facility (rather security
breach) has been given.  I mean, if I have physical access to a system,
I can have complete control of the system !!!

Is there any way to turn this off.

Thanks,

Ajay Dudani
ajay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx