[LI] Problem with info - solved

Hi,

The problem was solved when I manually edited the /etc/info-dir file.
I inserted the following line in it:
* time: (time).				GNU time Utility

The "time" rpm package contained the following script which I found
by doing a "rpm -q --scripts time":

postinstall script (through /bin/sh):
/sbin/install-info //usr/info/time.info.gz //usr/info/dir --entry="* time:
(time).		GNU time Utility"

For some reason the script had not been able to update the info-dir
file. So I tried giving the following command:

install-info /usr/info/time.info.gz /etc/info-dir --entry="* time: (time).
	GNU time Utility"

But the command exits without any messages and no changes are
made to the /etc/info-dir .
BTW, /usr/info/dir -> /etc/info-dir

Sameer.
Registered Linux User #148874