Re: [LI] >> zImage VS bzImage << compiled a kernel but loadlin does not accept it

Hi

> I did
> ~ make dep ; make clean ; make zImage
> and tried the lilo to work on that and lilo says it is not a kernel image.

There is some problem with the size of the kernel and how its handled by Linux
( I think the code which uncompresses it ), I don't remember it correctly know,
For the 2.2.x kernels You will in most of the cases require to create a bzImage
and NOT zImage.

I will see If I can get the exact reason for this and If I get it, I will
update you.

---------
Keep :-)
HanishKVC