Re: [LI] Win/Linux and StarOffice

Hi Rohit
    Consider the following points
- Macros are not ported to staroffice correctly or at all.
- Drawing objects of PPT get misaligned
- Special Formatting in SO is Not ported to MS WORD
- Vice Versa of above
- Otherwise Bullets etc of a SO document can be safely saved as
M$-Word Document

Rest is generally fine.

Same problems though less Severe with .xls docs. .xls is better
supported.

    If you need it for your home use and not sending people documents
containing too much formatting then you can safely avoid using MS-Office.

BTW I found out from www.winehq.com that MS-Word etc have been run
in Linux using wine. I can send you the mail ID of the person who did it.
:)

regards
Aditya