Re: [LI] Linux India List optimizations?

Suresh Ramasubramanian proclaimed:
> > has it?) in the recent past - on an average I get 4 Digests (each
> > one approx 43kb). Is this size limit something that can be adjusted
> Right you are.  Another list I am on has this set to 60 k.

If increasing the size of each digest is going to help, I am open to the
idea.  But I don't see how it would cut down on the time you would spend
reading the digests.

> > Is it possible to send a zipped version of all the digests
> Woops!!! Never seen this done :-)   Maybe a procmail recipe of
> some sort could be cooked up at Thath's end to intercept all the
> digests and zip them.  I really don't know - but wouldn't recommend
> it.

I would not eaither.  Responding to clueless^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H new users who
subscribe to the wrong list and then complain about it is already a pain.

> > As an aside, could there be a Web enabled interface of the messages,
> > read in real time? Say, ordered with info of thread, poster and time
> Listserv offers this but Wilma doesn't AFAIK.

Wilma threads the discussions.  But responding to a thread via the wilma
interface is not easy.  Let me do some more reasearch on this when I have
the time.

> eg: There is a PERL list am on (www-scripts@xxxxxxxxxxxx - from
> Matt's Script Archive) which bounces all mail containing words like
> javascript / java (so if you want to mention that word, you have to
> say j@v@ or jabbascript or whatever).

[Off Topic]  DON'T USE scripts from Matt's Script Archive.  Some of the
scripts there are badly written and have gaping holes.  The scripts in that
archive are uniformly reviled by the intelligensia in comp.lang.perl.misc

Thaths
--
"I'm Kent Brockman.  On the eleven o'clock news tonight, a certain kind
of soft drink has been found to be lethal.  We won't tell you which one