[LI] coldfusion and make file errors

hello guys,
                      when i try to make a install file i am getting the
following error  in  /opt/coldfusion/apache directory
#make install
apxs -i -a -n 'coldfusion' mod_coldfusion.so
cp mod_coldfusion.so modules/mod_coldfusion.so
cp: cannot create regular file `modules/mod_coldfusion.so': No such file or
directory
apxs:Break: Command failed with rc=65536
make: *** [install] Error 1

i tried creating a directory by the name modules in / and copied the
coldfusion.so file then tried making the install file the same error occurs.

i tried running the apxs in /opt/coldfusion/apache then i got the following
errors

 #apxs -i -a -c mod_coldfusion.c
gcc -O2 -m486 -fno-strength-reduce -DLINUX=2 -DUSE_EXPAT -I../lib/expat-lite
-fpic -DSHARED_MODULE -I/usr/include/apache  -c mod_coldfusion.c
gcc -shared -o mod_coldfusion.so mod_coldfusion.o
cp mod_coldfusion.so modules/mod_coldfusion.so
cp: cannot create regular file `modules/mod_coldfusion.so': No such file or
directory
apxs:Break: Command failed with rc=65536

any body out there can decipher what it means what is that i am doing wrong.

TIA

s.goswami