[LI] ppp not so much of a miricle. Still more problems

>I suspect both you and Jeff have misconfigured something somewhere, and it
>*could* be the authorisation issue I talked about yesterday. Putting
>"noauth" into your /etc/ppp could solve that.

Hi all.

I have the same problem with RH3 dialer but wvdial set itself up without
problems. I have been using it from the Chip RH 6.0 CD. I added my
username, password connected to VSNL and ppp worked like a charm. I live
happily thereafter.....

How is it that ppp works well under one dialer and gives a problem when
using the other. Is ppp configuration suspect in this case or the way RH3
functions ........?

veering slightly off course for a while........ there is a new version of
wvdial called the Kwvdial - that's right, it works under KDE and wears a
GUI now. Only problem is that instead of docking after it connects, it does
a very strange behaviour - it disappears. Of course, one can always kill
the process, only kwvdial does not show up in the list of running
processes. The author is trying to fix the bug and the new version should
be out soon. Kwvdial can be downloaded from

http://www.cnss.ca/~ppatters/KWvDial.html

goodbye kppp, hello wvdial !
Sabir