Re: [LI] What could be wrong - Atul

Jeffrey Yep wrote:

> Hi Atul,
>
> See the ppp-logfile gives this :-
>
> Nov 11 20:38:14 host pppd[1436]: The remote system is required to
> authenticate itself but I
> Nov 11 20:38:14 host pppd[1436]: couldn't find any suitable secret
> (password) for it to use to do so.
>
> So what could be wrong? This is what kppp says disconnects pppd. Any ideas?

I hope this indiactes that you selected PAP connection to your ISP. But
your pap-secrets file doesn't indiacte the details. Put the following in
your pap-secrets file in /etc/ppp/ dir.
your-full-email-id 	* 	your-password
for me it is
lvgandhi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx	*	(mypassword)
--
L.V.Gandhi
MECON, 5th Floor, RTC Complex, Visakhapatnam AP 530020 INDIA