Re: [LI] WAN

>Two of my servers are at different location of the
>city. They are connected to the internet. How to
>remote login from one server to the other??
>
>Can anyone throw some light???

Pinku

for this you should know the ip address to which your machines are hooked,
the way you connect to internet is very much important, if you are having a
leased line with permanent IP address at atleast one machine, it is easy,
set this as the server and try to connect from the other using telnet or so.
but if both are using dialup, then it is a bit tricky.

i will out line it and if it is too tough, i can explain it more and publish
it at my site.

The ip-up script on server machine should be added one more instruction, to
publish the ip to a prefixed web site, with a online presence notification.
The client machine should be constantly polling this site to check for the
existance of the presence notification.  Once the presence notification is
available, the client can check for the server ip and start a connection
proceedure.  This is not fully fool proof, ie a network error to the server
from the ISP can create problems, ie the presence notification and the ip
address will still be on the net and the server will be disconnected.  This
is question to be worked around.