[LI] fetchmail et al..

Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 16:19:50 +0530 (IST)
From: Venkat Raman S <svenki@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [LI] HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hai,

I want to know about fetch mail.i am using Linux 6.0. sometimes it is
giving error kernel panic;free list corrupted. what does it mean? any body
knows please update me.How to set the kernel parameters?
1. man fetchmail, fetchmailrc and the other lnks at the ned of the man
page.fetchmail is a prog that lets you download mail from your
remote/local pop* and imap servers and also supports a few other protos.
iirc, author-> eric s raymond.

2. _some_thing_ is screwed up to the effect that the kernel code cannot
deal with the situation. a very lousy desc, i know.. but the info
available is too scant.  free list corruption == your hdd is hosed. what
kind of result do you get whne fsck does check your hdd at boot ?

Regards
Shourya